High School Co-ed (9-12 Grade) League
Fall High School Co-ed Soccer League
This recreational co-ed league provides an opportunity for high school-age participants to compete in an organized local league outside of their school. There are no try-outs and everyone gets to play. Games are scheduled on Sunday afternoons. Practices Mondays and Thursdays. Drop-in play on Wednesdays.
Our mission is to provide sports activities for all youth where everyone plays, develops skills, is taught good sportsmanship, and learns the value of being a team player.
Sept 12th – October 16th
Register on or before August 25
(Teams formed from areas of town. Yes – you can request a teammate!)
Division & Fee
$90 High School Coed
Mondays and Thursdays (Optional)
5:00 – 6:30 pm 4:00 – 5:30 pm
Andrew Rypien Field (Google Map)
5:30 4:00 pm (Optional)
Andrew Rypien Field (Google Map)
Jersey will be provided.
Athletic gear appropriate for the weather includes; Shirt, Shorts, Socks, Shin guards (required), and athletic shoes, or cleats. Players will need their own soccer ball (HS Coed size 5), and water bottle.
DICK’s Sporting Goods Weekend – August 26-29
Need soccer cleats, shin guards, or a soccer ball? SYSA families receive 20%. Available at both locations (Mead and Spokane Valley)
LINK for coupon weekend (coming soon!)
LINK for additional coupons
Safesport for 18 years+ Players
Washington Youth Soccer and US Soccer requires all persons 18+ involved in youth sports to complete the Safesport training. This includes players who are 18 years of age. Individuals require to complete this training will receive an email from WYS.
LINK to Safesport Information
LINK to Safesport Instructions – English
LINK to Safesport Instructions – Spanish
- A Volunteer Head Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers.
- Volunteer Head Coaches receive 50% off their player’s registration. LINK for registration procedure, training curriculum and a coaches equipment kit. The Head Coach will receive a 50% refund after the program deadline registration date and a team is confirmed.
- Coaches contact registered players after Coach Meeting, please be patient waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if the information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
- Once assigned to a team, the coach picks the practice field, days, and time. (Click for Field Locations).
COACH REGISTRATION – How to register (3 steps)
- Coach Registration: Log into the Blue Sombrero account HERE.
Click on the volunteer tab, view divisions, and complete registration.
- Background Check: All coaches must complete an SYSA background check annually. If you need one, SYSA will contact you.
- Abuse Prevention Video: All coaches are required to watch an Abuse Prevention Video. SYSA will contact you with a link for the video. Once the video is complete, the coach can be assigned to a team.
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk, and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE