SYSA Fall Flag Football
Fall Flag Football 2023
The 2023 Fall Flag Football season will consist of practices and games starting in September. Practices will take place during the week with games being played on Saturdays at Andrew Rypien Field.
Our mission is to provide sports activities for all youth where everyone plays, develops skills, is taught good sportsmanship, and learns the value of being a team player.
September 5th – October 21st
Optional Candy Bowl October 28-29 (additional team fee)
Register on or before August 10th for priority placement. Coach requests and player requests may not be available after the deadline. Waitlist registration opens after deadline.
The Volunteer Coach picks the practice days, times, and location upon completion of a background check.
Practice days could be scheduled from Monday to Friday.
Saturday games starting September 16 (6 games)
Andrew Rypien Fields (Google Map)
2023 Fall Flag Football RULES
Divisions & Fees
$135 Grades 1-2 Flag Football
$135 Grades 3-4 Flag Football
$155 Grades 5-6 NFL Flag Football
$155 Grades 7-8 NFL Flag Football – cancelled
SYSA will provide a jersey and a mouth guard to all participants.
Football, water bottle, and athletic shoes/cleats.
Grades 1-2: Pee Wee
Grades 3-4: Junior
Grades 5-6: Junior
Grades 7-8: Youth
DICK’s Sporting Goods Weekend: August 25 – August 29
Tuesday, August 29th at 6:00 pm via Zoom
Picture Day – September 30
Coaches will sign up for a timeslot for their team’s group and individual pictures.
LINK to Dorian Picture order form. Complete the form and submit payment to the photographer in an envelope.
9/30 at Andrew Rypien Fields
The season will conclude with an optional Candy Bowl Tournament October 27-29. This will be an additional team fee. Teams will be guaranteed two games.
CLICK FOR CANDY BOWL PAGE (coming soon)
- A Volunteer Head Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Volunteer Head Coach will receive 50% off their child’s registration. LINK for registration procedures. The Head coach will receive their 50% refund once the season has started.
- Volunteer Coach background check HERE
- Coaches contact registered players after the Coach receives the roster, please be patient while waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if the information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
COACH REGISTRATION – How to register (3 steps)
- Coach Registration: Log in to Blue Sombrero account HERE.
Click on the volunteer tab, view divisions, and complete registration.
- Background Check: All coaches must complete an SYSA background check annually. If you need one, SYSA will contact you.
- Abuse Prevention Video: All coaches are required to watch an Abuse Prevention Video. SYSA will contact you with a link for the video. Once the video is complete, the coach can be assigned to a team.
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk, and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE