SYSA Fall Football Training
Fall Flag Football 2021
The 2021 Fall Flag Football season will consist of practices AND games starting in September. Practices will take place during the week with games being played on Saturdays at Andrew Rypien Field.
Our mission is to provide sport activities for all youth where everyone plays, develops skills, is taught good sportsmanship, and learns the value of being a team player.
Spokane is currently in Sporting Guidelines for Covid Activities/Phase 3. Flag Football, as a moderate risk sport, will require both Coaches and Spectators to wear masks. Athletes will wear masks during training and on the bench but not while actively participating in a competition. If Spokane moves back to Phase 2 – games can be scheduled and played but athletes will be required to wear masks during the game. Fully vaccinated individuals are exempt from the requirement to wear a face covering and also exempt from physical distancing requirements.
Flag Football is considered a moderate contact sport.
Within Phase 3,
- Moderate contact outdoor sports athletes allowed to remove facial coverings for competitions. Facial coverings must be worn by athletes when training or when not actively competing in a game or match against another team or when on the bench waiting to play. Coaches, trainers, and officials must wear face coverings at all times. Officials may remove masks during games.
September 7th – October 23rd
Optional Candy Bowl October 29-31 (additional team fee)
Register on or before August 19th for priority placement. Coach request and player request may not be available after the deadline.
The Volunteer Coach picks the practice days, times and location upon completion of a background check.
Practice days could be scheduled Monday – Fridays.
Saturday games starting September 18
Andrew Rypien Fields (Google Map)
Divisions & Fees
$125 Grades 1-2 Flag Football
$125 Grades 3-4 Flag Football
$145 Grades 5-6 NFL Flag Football
SYSA will provide jerseys and mouth guards to all participants.
Football, water bottle, hand sanitizer, athletic shoes/cleats, and a mask to be worn in accordance with the current Sporting Activities Covid Requirements.
Grades 1-2: Pee Wee
Grades 3-4: Junior
Grades 5-6: Junior
August 30th at 6pm via ZOOM
The season will conclude with an optional Candy Bowl Tournament October 29-31. This will be an additional team fee. Teams will be guaranteed two games.
- A Volunteer Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers. For more information, contact email@example.com
- The Volunteer Head Coach will receive 50% off their child’s registration. LINK for registration procedures
- Volunteer Coach background check HERE
- Coaches contact registered players after Coach receives roster, please be patient waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE