Flag Football Spring Season
Spring Flag Football 2024
Welcome to the Spring Flag Football 2024 season, brought to you by the SYSA! We are thrilled to announce the return of this exciting youth sports program, designed to bring fun, camaraderie, and valuable life lessons to the forefront of your child’s springtime activities.
Our Spring Season kicks off in April and promises a fantastic blend of skill development and spirited gameplay. During the week, your young athletes will engage in focused practices, honing their football abilities and building their confidence. Then, on Saturdays, the action comes alive for games at Andrew Rypien Field, where the thrill of friendly competition takes center stage.
Join us for an unforgettable season of Spring Flag Football – where the spirit of the game meets the joy of youth sports, and where lifelong friendships are made on the field.
Our mission is to provide sports activities for all youth where everyone plays, develops skills, is taught good sportsmanship, and learns the value of being a team player.
April 8th – May 11th (1st game April 13th)
Register on or before March 7 for priority placement. Coach requests and player requests may not be available after the deadline. Registrations past March 7 will be a waitlist registration.
Divisions & Fees
$125 Grades 1-2 Flag Football
$125 Grades 3-4 Flag Football
$145 Grades 5-6 NFL Flag Football
$145 Grades 7-8 NFL Flag Football – CANCELLED
The Volunteer Coach picks the practice days, times, and locations upon completion of a background check.
Practice days could be scheduled Monday – Friday.
Grades 1/2 practice 1 time a week, Grades 3-8th practice 2 times a week.
SYSA will provide jerseys and mouthguards to all participants.
Football (labeled), athletic shoes/cleats, and a labeled water bottle.
Grades 1-2: Pee Wee
Grades 3-4: Junior
Grades 5-6: Junior
Grades 7-8: Youth – CANCELLED
Spring Flag Frenzy
SYSA is excited to announce that for the first time in our spring flag football season, we will be offering an optional end of the season tournament! The Spring Flag Frenzy will take place on May 18 – 19 at Andrew Rypien Field.
There will be an additional team fee to register and each team is given a two game guarantee.
CLICK HERE for Spring Flag Frenzy Page
DICK’s Sporting Goods Weekend – March 22 – 24
Need athletic shoes, a football, a water bottle, or shorts? SYSA families receive 20% off
LINK for additional DICK’s coupons valid for 2024 purchases
Zoom Date: Tuesday, March 26th at 6:00 pm
The Zoom link will be emailed to coaches
Coaches PowerPoint will be emailed out to all coaches
- A Volunteer Head Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers.
- Volunteer Head Coaches receive 50% off their player’s registration. LINK for the registration procedure. The Head Coach will receive a 50% refund once the season has started.
- Coaches contact registered players after the Coach Meeting, please be patient waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if the information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
- Once assigned to a team, the coach picks the practice field, days, and times. (Click for Field Locations).
COACH REGISTRATION – How to register (3 steps)
- Coach Registration: Log in to your Blue Sombrero account HERE.
Click on the volunteer tab, view divisions, and complete registration.
- Background Check: All coaches must complete a SYSA background check annually. If you need one, SYSA will contact you.
- Abuse Prevention Video: All coaches are required to watch an Abuse Prevention Video. SYSA will contact you with a link for the video. Once the video is complete, the coach can be assigned to a team.
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk, and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE