Flag Football Spring Season
Spring Flag Football 2023
SYSA is excited to offer Flag Football. Spring Season will consist of practices AND games starting in April. Practices will take place during the week and games being played on Saturdays at Andrew Rypien Field. 7v7 Passing League. RULES FOR SPRING 2023 (LINK)
Our mission is to provide sports activities for all youth where everyone plays, develops skills, is taught good sportsmanship, and learns the value of being a team player.
April 10th – May 20th (1st game April 22nd)
Register on or before March 16 for priority placement. Coach request and player requests may not be available after the deadline. Registrations past March 16 will be a waitlist registration.
Divisions & Fees
$125 Grades 1-2 Flag Football
$125 Grades 3-4 Flag Football
$145 Grades 5-6 NFL Flag Football
The Volunteer Coach picks the practice days, time and location upon completion of background check.
Practice days could be scheduled Monday – Friday.
Grades 1/2 practice 1 time a week, Grades 3-6th practice 2 times a week.
SYSA will provide jerseys and mouthguards to all participants.
Football (labeled), athletic shoes/cleats, mouth guard, and a labeled water bottle.
Grades 1-2: Pee Wee
Grades 3-4: Junior
Grades 5-6: Junior
DICK’s Sporting Goods Weekend – March 24 – 27th.
Need athletic shoes, a football, a water bottle, or shorts? SYSA families receive 20% off
LINK for coupon weekend (coming soon!)
LINK for additional coupons
Zoom Date: Tbd
The zoom link will be emailed to coaches
Coaches Packet and/or PowerPoint will be emailed out to all coaches
- A Volunteer Head Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers.
- Volunteer Head Coaches receive 50% off their player’s registration. LINK for registration procedure, training curriculum, and a coaches equipment kit. The Head Coach will receive a 50% refund after the program deadline registration date and a team is confirmed.
- Coaches contact registered players after the Coach Meeting, please be patient waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if the information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
- Once assigned to a team, the coach picks the practice field, days, and time. (Click for Field Locations).
COACH REGISTRATION – How to register (3 steps)
- Coach Registration: Log in to Blue Sombrero account HERE.
Click on the volunteer tab, view divisions, and complete registration.
- Background Check: All coaches must complete an SYSA background check annually. If you need one, SYSA will contact you.
- Abuse Prevention Video: All coaches are required to watch an Abuse Prevention Video. SYSA will contact you with a link for the video. Once the video is complete, the coach can be assigned to a team.
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk, and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE