Flag Football Spring Season
Spring Flag Football 2022
NEW THIS SPRING! SYSA is excited to offer Flag Football. Spring Season will consist of practices AND games starting in April. Practices will take place during the week and games being played on Saturdays at Andrew Rypien Field. 7v7 Passing League. NEW RULES FOR SPRING 2022 COMING SOON
Our mission is to provide sport activities for all youth where everyone plays, develops skills, is taught good sportsmanship, and learns the value of being a team player.
WA State Covid Update
State of Washington (LINK) – Order of Secretary of Health (updated September 13, 2021)
People are not required to wear face covering:
While actively playing or training for, coaching, or officiating indoor sports in a K-12, recreational, … sports setting. This exception does not apply while the athlete, coach, or official is not actively engaged in the sporting, coaching, or officiating activity or to the indoor gyms and other fitness facilities, such as dance, yoga, and martial arts facilities.
April 11 – May 21st (1st game April 23rd)
Register on or before March 24th for priority placement. Coach request and player requests may not be available after the deadline. Registrations past March 24th will be a waitlist registration.
Divisions & Fees
$125 Grades 1-2 Flag Football
$125 Grades 3-4 Flag Football
$145 Grades 5-6 NFL Flag Football
The Volunteer Coach picks the practice days, time and location upon completion of background check.
Practice days could be scheduled Monday – Friday. Grades 1/2 practice 1 time a week, Grades 3-6th practice 2 times a week.
SYSA will provide jerseys and mouth guards to all participants.
Football (labeled), athletic shoes/cleats, mouth guard, labeled water bottle, hand sanitizer and a mask to be worn in accordance with the current Sporting Activities Covid Requirements.
Grades 1-2: Pee Wee
Grades 3-4: Junior
Grades 5-6: Junior
Dick’s Sporting Goods Weekend – March 25-28
Need cleats or a football? SYSA families receive 20% off.
LINK to Coupon
Coaches will sign up for a photo session time with Dorian Studios.
The coach will receive the picture orders to distribute to the team before the season is over.
Due to Covid, unable to meet, Zoom meeting will be scheduled.
Coaches Packet and/or Power Point will be emailed out to all coaches
- A Volunteer Head Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers.
- Volunteer Head Coaches receive 50% off their player’s registration. LINK for registration procedure, training curriculum and a coaches equipment kit. The Head Coach will receive a 50% refund after the program deadline registration date and a team is confirmed.
- Coaches contact registered players after Coach Meeting, please be patient waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
- Once assigned to a team, coach picks practice field, days and time. (Click for Field Locations).
COACH REGISTRATION – How to register (3 steps)
- Coach Registration: Log into Blue Sombrero account HERE.
Click on the volunteer tab, view divisions and complete registration.
- Background Check: All coaches must complete an SYSA background check annually. If you need one, SYSA will contact you.
- Abuse Prevention Video: All coaches are required to watch an Abuse Prevention Video. SYSA will contact you with a link for the video. Once the video is complete, the coach can be assigned to a team.
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE