SYSA Spring 2022 Soccer 2016s-2008s
Spring 2022 Recreational Soccer
We are EXCITED to provide recreational soccer this Spring. 2016-2014 players will practice once a week. 2013-2008 players will practice twice a week. We are hopeful these soccer practices will provide physical activity, bring kids together to interact and make friends, create a routine, learn new skills, and to have FUN!
Our mission is to provide sport activities for all youth where everyone plays, develops skills, is taught good sportsmanship, and learns the value of being a team player.
SYSA Soccer is a member association with the Washington Youth Soccer Association.
WA State Covid Update
As of June 30, 2021, Washington State is reopened. All previous sporting guidelines are repealed.
Two documents were released; Washington Ready and Order of the Secretary of Health Amending 20-03 regarding Face Coverings Statewide. There are exceptions to the face covering requirements, including: people are not required to wear face masks while outdoors.
WA Sports Fitness Guidance (updated July 2021) LINK
Washington State has a Secretary of Health Mask Order.
• Outdoors: Masks are no longer required outdoors; however, unvaccinated individuals should wear face coverings outdoors in crowded public settings, including sporting events, where there is decreased ability to consistently maintain physical distance between non-household members.
People are not required to wear face coverings while engaged in outdoor training or competition in any type of sport.
April 11 – May 21
Practices start the week of April 11th, first game April 16th
Register on or before March 3rd for priority placement. Coach request and player requests may not be available after the deadline.
**players who completed Fall 2021 League, are already registered for Spring League, no registration needed.
Divisions & Fees
$tbd 4v4 – 2016, 2015
$tbd 5v5 – 2014
$tbd 7v7 – 2013, 2012
$tbd 9v9 – 2011-2010 & 2009-2008
8th graders with an Aug-Dec 2007 birth year may register and play in the 2009-2008 league.
2016, 2015, 2014: practice 1 day a week
2013, 2012, 2011-2010 & 2009-2008, practice 2 days a week
The Volunteer Coach picks the practice day, time and location.
Practices could be scheduled Monday – Friday.
Practices can begin after April 10. (Click for Field Locations).
Jerseys tops will be provided for this program.
Athletic gear appropriate for the weather to include; Shirt, Shorts, Socks, Shin guards (required), athletic shoes or cleats. Players will need their own soccer ball (2016-2014 size 3; 2013-2010 size 4; 2009-2008, size 5), labeled water bottle, labeled hand sanitizer, and a mask to be worn according to the current Covid guidelines.
Coaches Meeting –
- A Volunteer Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers.
- Volunteer Head Coaches receive 50% off their player’s registration. LINK for registration procedure, training curriculum and a coaches equipment kit. The Head Coach will receive a 50% refund after the program deadline registration date and a team is confirmed.
- Coaches contact registered players after Coach receives roster, please be patient waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
- Once assigned to a team, coach picks practice field, days and time. (Click for Field Locations).
LINK to How to complete the Coach Registration (complete three online trainings, download the certificates, log into your Blue Sombrero account and register to coach.)
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE