SYSA Fall 2023 Cross Country
Cross Country Fall 2023
SYSA Cross Country is a fun, recreational fall program for all youth, grades K-6. The 2023 Cross Country six-week season will begin September 5, with the first competition on Saturday, September 16th.
There are 5 Saturday meets. Participants in K-6th grade will run a mile. Meets are located at different Spokane area parks.
Runners who qualify are eligible to participate in the All-City Meet at the end of the season.
Sept 5th – October 21st
Register on or before August 17th
Divisions & Fees
$90 Grades K-6
Begins September 5th. The coach determines the practice day, time, and location.
Mead team: Coach Shaun Helm
North team: Coach Shiloh Dalton
South team: Coach Jessica McWilliams
Valley team: Coach Shannon Castelda
Sat. 9/16/2023 – Course Map Holmberg Park
Sat. 9/23/2023 – Course Map Audubon Park
Sat. 9/30/2023 – Course Map Mirabeau Park
Sat. 10/7/2023 – Course Map Comstock Park
Sat. 10/14/2023 – Course Map Sky Prairie Park
All City 10/24/2023 – Course Map Shadle Park High School
Race Day Times
9:00 am K-2 Girls
9:15 am K-2 Boys
9:30 am 3-4 Girls
9:45 am 3-4 Boys
10:00 am 5-6 Girls
10:15 am 5-6 Boys
SYSA shirt provided
Picture Day – September 23rd
Individuals who wish to have their photos taken will meet the photographer at Dwight Merkel Complex.
LINK to Dorian Picture order form. Complete the form and submit payment to the photographer in an envelope.
DICK’s Sporting Goods Weekend: August 25 – August 29
Need athletic shoes, sweats, or a sweatshirt? SYSA families receive 20%. Available at both locations (Mead and Spokane Valley)
LINK for coupon
Athletic attire appropriate for the weather, labeled water bottle, and athletic shoes.
TBD via ZOOM
- A Volunteer Head Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers. Head Coaches need assistants – register as an assistant if you can help!
- Volunteer Head Coaches receive 50% off their player’s registration. LINK for registration procedure, training curriculum, and a coaches equipment kit. The Head Coach will receive a 50% refund after the program deadline registration date and a team is confirmed.
- Coaches contact registered players after the Coach Meeting, please be patient while waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if the information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
- Once assigned to a team, the coach picks the practice field, days, and time. (Click for Field Locations).
COACH REGISTRATION – How to register (3 steps)
- Coach Registration: Log in to the Blue Sombrero account HERE.
Click on the volunteer tab, view divisions, and complete registration.
- Background Check: All coaches must complete an SYSA background check annually. If you need one, SYSA will contact you.
- Abuse Prevention Video: All coaches are required to watch an Abuse Prevention Video. SYSA will contact you with a link for the video. Once the video is complete, the coach can be assigned to a team.
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk, and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE