SYSA Fall 2021 Cross Country
Cross Country Fall 2021
SYSA Cross Country is a fun, recreational fall program for all youth, grades K-6. The 2020 Cross Country six week season will begin as early as September 8, with the first competition on Saturday, September 18th.
There are 5 Saturday meets. K-1 participants will run a half mile. Participants 2nd-6th grade will run a mile. Meets are located at different Spokane area parks.
Spokane is currently in Sporting Guidelines for Covid Activities/Phase 3. Cross Country, as a low risk sport, will require both Coaches and Spectators to wear masks. Athletes will wear masks when not actively training or competing. If Spokane moves back to Phase 2 – meets can be scheduled and played but athletes will be required to wear masks during training but not competitions. Fully vaccinated individuals are exempt from the requirement to wear a face covering and also exempt from physical distancing requirements.
Cross Country is considered a low contact sport.
Within Phase 3,
- Low contact outdoor sports athletes allowed to remove facial coverings for training and competitions. Facial coverings must be worn by athletes when training or when not actively training or competing. Coaches, trainers, and officials must wear face coverings at all times.
Sept 8th – October 16th
Register on or before September 2nd
Divisions & Fees
$80 Grades K-6
Begins as early as September 8th
Saturday, September 18, Location TBD
Saturday, September 25, Location TBD
Saturday, October 2, Location TBD
Saturday, October 9, Location TBD
Saturday, October 16, Location TBD
SYSA shirt provided
Athletic attire appropriate for the weather, labeled water bottle, and athletic shoes. Mask to be worn in accordance to the current Sporting Covid Guidelines.
Tuesday, September 7th at 6pm via ZOOM
- A Volunteer Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers. For more information, contact email@example.com
- The Volunteer Head Coach will receive 50% off their child’s registration. LINK for registration procedures
- Volunteer Coach background check HERE
- Coaches contact registered players after Coach receives roster, please be patient waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE