SYSA Fall 2023 Cross Country
Cross Country Fall 2023
SYSA Cross Country is a fun, recreational fall program for all youth, grades K-6. The 2023 Cross Country six-week season will begin as early as September 6, with the first competition on Saturday, September 16th.
There are 5 Saturday meets. Participants in K-6th grade will run a mile. Meets are located at different Spokane area parks.
Runners who qualify are eligible to participate in the All-City Meet at the end of the season.
Sept 5th – October 21th
Register on or before August 17th
Divisions & Fees
$90 Grades K-6
Begins as early as September 5th. The coach determines the practice day/time and location.
Mead team: Coach TBD
North team: Coach TBD
South team: Coach TBD
Valley team: Coach TBD
Saturday, September 16 Location TBD
Saturday, September 23 Location TBD
Saturday, September 30 Location TBD
Saturday, October 7 Location TBD
Saturday, October 14 Location TBD
All City October 21, Location TBD
Meets scheduled at a different location; ex. Audobon, Comstock, Holmberg, Mirabeau, Sky Prairie Park.
Race Day Times
9:00 am K-2 Girls
9:15 am K-2 Boys
9:30 am 3-4 Girls
9:45 am 3-4 Boys
10:00 am 5-6 Girls
10:15 am 5-6 Boys
SYSA shirt provided
Picture Day – TBD
Coaches will sign up for a timeslot for their team’s group and individual pictures.
LINK to print Dorian’s picture order form
TBD Cross Country
DICK’s Sporting Goods Weekend: August 25 – August 29
Need athletic shoes, sweats, or a sweatshirt? SYSA families receive 20%. Available at both locations (Mead and Spokane Valley)
LINK for coupon
Athletic attire appropriate for the weather, labeled water bottle, and athletic shoes.
TBD via ZOOM
- A Volunteer Head Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers. Head Coaches need assistants – register as an assistant if you can help!
- Volunteer Head Coaches receive 50% off their player’s registration. LINK for registration procedure, training curriculum, and a coaches equipment kit. The Head Coach will receive a 50% refund after the program deadline registration date and a team is confirmed.
- Coaches contact registered players after the Coach Meeting, please be patient while waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if the information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
- Once assigned to a team, the coach picks the practice field, days, and time. (Click for Field Locations).
COACH REGISTRATION – How to register (3 steps)
- Coach Registration: Log in to the Blue Sombrero account HERE.
Click on the volunteer tab, view divisions, and complete registration.
- Background Check: All coaches must complete an SYSA background check annually. If you need one, SYSA will contact you.
- Abuse Prevention Video: All coaches are required to watch an Abuse Prevention Video. SYSA will contact you with a link for the video. Once the video is complete, the coach can be assigned to a team.
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk, and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE