SYSA Fall 2021 Cross Country
Cross Country Fall 2021
SYSA Cross Country is a fun, recreational fall program for all youth, grades K-6. The 2021 Cross Country six week season will begin as early as September 8, with the first competition on Saturday, September 18th.
There are 5 Saturday meets. Participants K-6th grade will run a mile. Meets are located at different Spokane area parks.
WA State Covid Update
As of June 30, 2021, Washington State is reopened. All previous sporting guidelines are repealed.
Two documents were released; Washington Ready and Order of the Secretary of Health Amending 20-03 regarding Face Coverings Statewide. There are exceptions to the face covering requirements, including: people are not required to wear face masks while outdoors.
WA Sports Fitness Guidance (updated July 2021) LINK
Washington State has a Secretary of Health Mask Order.
• Outdoors: Masks are no longer required outdoors; however, unvaccinated individuals should wear face coverings outdoors in crowded public settings, including sporting events, where there is decreased ability to consistently maintain physical distance between non-household members.
People are not required to wear face coverings while engaged in outdoor training or competition in any type of sport.
Sept 8th – October 16th
Register on or before September 2nd
Divisions & Fees
$80 Grades K-6
Begins as early as September 8th
Mead team: Holmberg Park, T/Th, 5:30
North team: Indian Trail, T/Th, 5:00
South team: Mullan Road, M/W, 6:00
Valley team: Mirabeau Park, M/Th, 5:30
Saturday, September 18, Audubon Park
Saturday, September 25, Manito Park
Saturday, October 2, Mirabeau Meadows
Saturday, October 9, Holmberg Park
Saturday, October 16, Sky Prairie Park
All City October 23rd.
Race Day Times
8:00 am K-2 Girls
8:15 am K-2 Boys
8:30 am 3-4 Girls
8:45 am 3-4 Boys
9:00 am 5-6 Girls
9:15 am 5-6 Boys
SYSA shirt provided
Coaches will sign up for a timeslot for their team’s group and individual pictures.
LINK to print Dorian picture order form
10/9 Cross Country
Dick’s Sporting Goods Weekend – August 28/29
Need running shoes or shorts? SYSA families receive 20% August 28/29
Athletic attire appropriate for the weather, labeled water bottle, and athletic shoes. Mask to be worn in accordance to the current Sporting Covid Guidelines.
Tuesday, September 7th at 6pm via ZOOM
- A Volunteer Head Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Volunteer Head Coach will receive 50% off their child’s registration. LINK for registration procedures. The Head coach will receive the 50% discount after the program deadline and a team is confirmed.
- Volunteer Coach background check HERE
- Coaches contact registered players after Coach receives roster, please be patient waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE