Spring Track & Field
Track & Field Spring 2023
SYSA Track & Field is a fun, recreational spring program for youth, kindergarten through 6th grade.
Events for K-2: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, Javelin, Long Jump, Softball Throw, 4×100 Relay, and 4×200 Relay.
Events for 3-4: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m, Javelin, Long Jump, Softball Shotput, 4×100 Relay, 4×200 Relay, 4×400 Relay, and Medley Relay.
Events for 5-6: 100m, 200m 400m, 800m, 1600m, Javelin, Long Jump, Shotput, 4×100 Relay, 4x200m Relay, 4×400 Relay, and Medley Relay.
Five Friday & Saturday meets make up the Track & Field season. Each meet is at a different area and consists of 3 events; events rotate every meet to give the kids experience competing in various events.
Our mission is to provide sports activities for all youth where everyone plays, develops skills, is taught good sportsmanship, and learns the value of being a team player.
April 10th – May 20th
Register on or before March 16th. Registrations past March 16th will be a waitlist registration.
Registrations before the deadline will get to have a choice of shirt size. Registrations after the deadline will not be guaranteed a correct shirt size but will still receive a shirt.
Divisions & Fees
$110 Primary – Grades K-2
$110 Intermediate – Grades 3-4
$110 Advanced – Grades 5-6
Begin the week of April 10th
Days/Times determined by the coach
Volunteer coaches are needed, please consider registering to coach!
Grades K-2 Track Meets.
Fridays. 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Relays go first. Girls run first and boys do field events, then swap.
4/21 North Central HS. Events: 4 x 200, 100, long jump
4/28 North Central HS. Events: 4 x 200, 200, javelin
5/5 North Central HS. Events: 4 x 100 400, softball throw
5/12 North Central HS. Events: 4 x 100, 800, long jump
5/19 All-League Meet @ North Central HS at 5:45 pm: Events: Pick 3 plus a relay. 4 x 100, 800, 100/long jump, 200/javelin, 400/softball throw (Girls do running events first. Boys field event first.)
Grades 3-4 Track Meets.
Saturdays 9:00 – 11:00 AM
Relays go first. Girls run first and boys do field event, then swap.
4/22 North Central HS. Events: 4 x 400, 100, long jump
4/29 North Central HS. Events: medley relay, javelin, 200
5/6 North Central HS. Events: 4 x 200, 400, softball shot put
5/13 North Central HS. Events: 4 x 100, 800, long jump
5/20 All-League Meet @ North Central HS at 9:00 am Events: Pick 3 plus a relay; 400/softball shot put, 4 x 100, 100/long jump, 800, 200/javelin, 4 x 400 (Girls do running events first. Boys field event first.)
Grades 5-6 Track Meets.
Saturdays 11:00 – 1:00 pm
Relays go first, running event, then the rest.
4/22 North Central HS. Events: 4 x 400, 100, long jump, 200
4/29 North Central HS. Events: medley relay, javelin, 400
5/6 North Central HS. Events: 4 x 200, 800, shot put
5/13 North Central HS. Events: 4 x 100, mile, long jump
5/20 All-League Meet @ North Central HS at 11:30 am: Events: Pick 3 plus a relay; 100/long jump, 4 x 100, 800, 200/javelin, 400/shotput, 4 x 400 (Girls do running events first. Boys field event first.)
Shorts, labeled water bottle, and shoes (No track spikes allowed)
DICK’s Sporting Goods Weekend – March 24 – 27th.
Need athletic shoes or shorts? SYSA families receive 20% off
April 21 Friday or April 22 Saturday
Coaches will sign up for a photo session time with Dorian Studios.
The coach will receive the picture orders to distribute to the team before the season is over.
Coaches packet and/or PowerPoint will be emailed out to all coaches
- Coaches contact registered players after the Coach receives the roster, please be patient while waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if the information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
- A Volunteer Head Coach is needed before a team starts – All SYSA coaches are volunteers.
- Volunteer Head Coaches receive 50% off their player’s registration. LINK for registration procedure, training curriculum, and a coaches equipment kit. The Head Coach will receive a 50% refund after the program deadline registration date and a team is confirmed.
- Coaches contact registered players after Coach Meeting, please be patient waiting for this contact.
- Online Registrations are confirmed by email; if information is omitted notify SYSA via reply email.
- Once assigned to a team, the coach picks the practice field, days, and time. (Click for Field Locations).
- Track Timers will be needed at every meet
COACH REGISTRATION – How to register (3 steps)
- Coach Registration: Log in to Blue Sombrero account HERE.
Click on the volunteer tab, view divisions, and complete registration.
- Background Check: All coaches must complete an SYSA background check annually. If you need one, SYSA will contact you.
- Abuse Prevention Video: All coaches are required to watch an Abuse Prevention Video. SYSA will contact you with a link for the video. Once the video is complete, the coach can be assigned to a team.
ALERT- for better communications please add the following: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com as contacts in your phone/email. There have been several issues with coaches and parents not receiving team information due to emails going to spam, junk, and trash.
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect –LOGIN OR CREATE YOUR NEW ACCOUNT HERE