Code of Conduct
SYSA sports program participants are expected to follow the Codes of Conduct below. We believe
following these ethical and moral guidelines will help promote SYSA’s mission in all of our programs.
“The mission of Spokane Youth Sports Association is to provide sports
activities for all youth where everyone plays, develops skills, is taught
good sportsmanship, and learns the value of being a team player.”
Player Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to be positive about my SYSA experience and accept responsibility by following this Players Code of Conduct.
- I will promote good sportsmanship, at every game and for both teams, by showing good sportsmanship.
- I will go to every practice and game that I can and will tell my coach in advance if I cannot.
- I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches and team mates.
- I will treat all coaches, players, referees, and fans with respect regardless of their race, sex, creed, or abilities.
- I will remember that winning can be fun but it can’t be the most important thing.
- If it is important to me, I will ask my parents to help with my team in some way.
- I will remember that sports are an opportunity to learn and have fun.
Parent Code of Conduct
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every contest, practice, or other SYSA event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of all children, on either team, ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will insist that all children play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will support coaches and officials in order to encourage a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I will promote a sports environment that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and will refrain
- from their use and influence at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth, not myself or other adults.
- I will remember that I am a guest of the team and will not say or display behaviors that embarrass ANY team or their guests.
- I will do my best to make SYSA Sports fun for players, parents, coaches, and officials.
- I will expect my child to treat all players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability and I WILL EXPECT NO LESS FROM MYSELF.
- I will do what I can to help Spokane Youth Sorts implement and enforce these standards